[Gllug] [OT] Technobabble

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Nov 22 09:01:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 18:12 +0000, David Damerell wrote:
> On Monday, 21 Nov 2005, Jim Bailey wrote:

> >Fewer cars would be a _nice_ option but the vast majority of people
> >don't want to give up their car and unless forced to do so by a police
> >state won't give up their cars.
Congestion charging has worked rather well in our own city,
much though the press try to rubbish it and label it as a money spinning
scheme.

Cue the television news 'vox pop' I saw at the weekend, on the Oxford
Street traders calling for a suspension of the congestion charge.
Man and woman shopping in street quote: "Congestion charging has priced
us out of driving into London"

Me - banging head on wall and screaming "Yes, that's the ruddy point of
it"

(Apologies for bad quoting, but I couldn't find Jim's original mail)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk