[Gllug] We are thinking of running a Linux course

S.Tohill at westminster.ac.uk S.Tohill at westminster.ac.uk
Mon Nov 28 18:38:32 UTC 2005

We are thinking of running a Linux course here at the University of Westminster
to determine whether there is a market for further Linux courses.

Provisional dates are 9th - 13th January. The course will follow LPI 101
syllabus and use LPI approved materials.

Cost will be £500 and this will include tea, coffee and lunch each day. (I can't
comment on the potential quality of lunch!)

We are also looking for a suitable instructor to teach this course. Pay would be
around £1100 for the week. More if I can persuade management that we should pay
more.

If this course is a success we will follow up with the rest of the LPI courses
and provide a complete programme of Linux courses at regular intervals during
the year. The next course will be round Easter time.

NOTE we are not a LPI approved organisation but I hope to convince our
management to go down that route if management is convinced there is a market.

LUG discounts, part time mode (evening or saturday) and distance learning will
be considered if the first few courses are a success.

Any enquiries initially to me. I will be available for informal chats at the
GLLUG meeting on 17th December and in the pub (The Green Man???) afterwards.

Any tips on where else i can advertise/plug this for free will be most welcome.

regards

sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk