[Gllug] Issues with Hotplug && Auto-mounting

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:10:49 UTC 2005

Hi all,

This concerned the ressurrected machine at the neighbours. Internel
works (which was the absolute priority) but on force-hacking the
script to work on Slackware 10.2 (Linux 2.4.31) .. things like USB
Storage does not auto-mount .. worse still it does not even recognize
a /dev/sda1 (or similar) when I mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb (say).

If I reboot into another kernel (say Linux 2.6.14) then I can at least
mount it by command.

Because the whole issue of hotplugging seems to be working differently
- could anyone give me any pointers of how I could go about resolving
this issue? I am sure it will be in the lines of udev.rules and making
sure the Alcatel SpeedTouch own script does not interferes with that.

lsusb does recognize all USB peripheral attached.

It would be great (if possible) to have it auto-mount on plugging in -
for any usb-storage devices (ie digital cameras in particular).
Auto-mount for DVD Player and CD would be cool also.

thanks

Henry
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk