[Gllug] RealNetworks Plugin Vulnerability

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 22:42:31 UTC 2005

On 17/11/05, Henry Gilbert <henry.gilbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> A plugin vulnerability has been found on HelixPlayer and RealPlayer.
> Which allows an intruder to execute command on a host system.
> Rebooting Remote Desktops for kicks is not uncommon.

Henry,

I saw a mention of this when it came out a while back but didn't
really pay much attention (vlc++).

Having read the advisory tonight can you link to where you saw that
this vulnerability had been exploited and peoples desktops had been
rebooted. I'm curious as to how it works...

> Urgent Update is recommended.

As always....

--
~sm