[Gllug] Re: Alcatel SpeedTouch on Slackware 10

Doug Winter doug at isotoma.com
Sat Nov 19 12:12:11 UTC 2005

Henry Gilbert wrote:
> I need to revise the udev above several times.
> Another failure of mine was syncing my sister's Palm Tungsten(?). The
> (false) hope that it was possible made me it all extremely
> frustrating. Apparently it is possible in Fedora 4 with their new
> kernel + the help of udev. But I don't think I will be touching that
> laptop again for sometime.

I sync with a tungsten with no trouble whatsoever, and I don't have to
go anywhere near udev.  In fact, udev is afaik not recommended in
general, and is deprecated in newer kernels.

Cheers,

Doug.

--
doug at isotoma.com   / Isotoma, Open Source Software Consulting
Tel: 020 7620 1446 / Mobile: 07879 423002 / Fax: 020 79006980
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk