[Gllug] Connexant USB ADSL on Debian .. anyone cracked it?

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:55:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

I think I am pretty close.
I am trying to make an old ADSL USB Modem work for a Linux Desktop
belonging to some local neighbour.

I've installed Debian.

I've recompiled the kernel now 2.6.14 .. which already includes all
the modules enabled for the Connexant chips.

But despite the encyclopaedia of information in the internet about the
subject - I am running in loops.

Has anyone made this work specially on Debian?
And could offer me a few shortcut tips?

cxacru and usbatm is showing up in lsmod
BUT
I get a message of the type:
"cxacru 1-1:1.0: firmware (cxacru-fw.bin) unavailable (hotplug
misconfiguration?)"

does that mean anything bad
or are we getting pretty close?

If only I can get this PC working with Debian + Internet then I will
get a free Sunday Roast.
Just as well .. been at this for 48 hours - I seriously could go with
some real GRUB.

Connexant AccessRunner ADSL USB / Debian
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk