[Gllug] [OT] Technobabble

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Nov 22 08:55:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 23:42 +0000, Nix wrote:

> China used to be the bicycling capital of the world. It still is, but
> everyone's buying cars. This is not because of the nasty Chinese
> government, but simply because people can afford them now.

Gasp. Chokes on coffee.
Cue Thatcherite "If I see a man over 30 on a bus I see a failure".

What you say is in the end true, but cue the cycling contingent of GLLUG
please.
I ought to Google, as I dimly remember reading some statement to the
effect that the Chinese goverment want to get all of these pesky bikes
off the road in order to let cars have room, as this is 'progress'.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk