[Gllug] canon mp360

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Nov 4 12:27:07 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Richard Jones uttered the following:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 02:29:55PM +0000, Nix wrote:
>> Yes, when debugging things :) I'd quite like a trivial service that
>> sprayed out random bytes, too, for fuzz testing... but there's
>> no standard one so I had to write my own.
>
> Mmmm ... like chargen?
>
> http://www.iss.net/security_center/advice/Exploits/Ports/groups/Simple_Services/default.htm
>
> Or perhaps not random enough?

None I've seen are sufficiently random. Generally I like to be able to set at least the
generated set of random characters, and often the distribution too...

--
`Heinlein is quite competent at putting together sentences, but usually
he also puts together a plot to go with them.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk