[Gllug] USB2 network server

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Nov 22 10:23:40 UTC 2005

Dear all,

Apologies for what may seem like a redundant question - I know this
information has been on the GLLUG list before but I've been hunting
through the archives and can't find it.  I'm hampered by not even being
able to remember what the thread was about in which the information was
posted.

A while back (3-4 months) someone mentioned a small cheap network device
(which apparently runs Linux) and gives you just an RJ45 port and a
couple of USB2 ports.  The idea is that you hang a USB2 HDD off it and
get an instant network file server.  I now have a potential use for one,
but I can't remember enough about it to get any hits on Google - not
even the manufacturer's name.

A quick pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk