[Gllug] Fonts

David Reed David at aliada.plus.com
Mon Nov 7 07:00:46 UTC 2005

Henry Gilbert wrote:

>msttfcorefonts <-- sorry agian I keep mispelling!
>
>to test to see if you have MS Fonts
>go to this page here:
>
>http://volker.dnsalias.net/linux/mstt_test.html
>
>If Webdings are letters instead of symbols
>then you haven't installed it yet.
>
>When I played with Suse, a long time back.
>I vaguely recall on first installation it asking me whether I accept
>the Agreement (TM) to install Microsoft Fonts.
>
>I would think it would make it global - available even in OpenOffice.
>
>If it doesn't show up on yast searching "msttfcorefonts" try
>"Microsoft Fonts" in the Description section of Yast.
>
>Lastly, there is a way of installing it involving the console which is
>sure shot and simple.
>but only if all the above doesn't work - we should try that.
>
>regards
>
>HG

Excuse me Henry,
SuSE does have a section under the control panel that does allow you to
import fonts through a graphic interface. I realise that avoiding a
command line is sacrilege in this holy place, but if Diane is quick and
does it early in the morning, she might avoid excommunication.

David Reed
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk