[Gllug] problems with grep

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 09:43:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 09:01:21AM -0000, charles wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why the following command:
>
> grep e$ words2.txt
>

> does not list all lines in 'words2.txt' that end with the letter 'e' ?

Hello,

someone else has already answered this so I won't echo them. But I will
have a quick moan!

<moan>
When you start a new topic please post a new mail rather than replying to
an existing post and deleting the content, as it doesn't show up as a new
topic.

This was a *wonderful* opportunity to break that "Technobable" thread!

</moan>

Cheers,

Ben.

--