[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Dean Wilson dwilson at unixdaemon.net
Thu Nov 3 11:47:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:42:21AM +0000, Tethys wrote:
> Avoid JavaScript unless you *really* need it (and I doubt you do).
> That leaves you with a simple site in HTML and CSS.

My view's more build your site without Javascript. Then use it to add
enhancements, wows and garnish if you have any time left.

This helps you avoid sites that flat out don't work unless you're running
IE4.

> Personally, I find the most productive web development tool ever
> created to be vi. YMMV.

With Firefox and the web developers toolbar nearby.

  Dean
PS My websites not the best example of this :)
--
Dean Wilson             http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk