[Gllug] [OT] Technobabble

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Nov 15 20:37:24 UTC 2005

> Surely this is technobabble - would one have any more of a chance
> breaking strong encryption on a hard drive in 90 days than in 14?

I don't know about that, but I can offer another bit of technobabble, also
(probably) in today's Guardian - it's in all the other papers.

An add from BP says (of carbon footprints), "The average UK household
footprint is 10 tonnes each year.  That's like 100,000 people all putting
the kettle on at the same time."  I've spent a while trying to work out
what they meant to say, but it eludes me.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk