[Gllug] OpenOffice 2.0 on Debian 3.1

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 08:16:39 UTC 2005

On 04/11/05, Dani Pardo <dani at enplater.com> wrote:

>         Hi, I've been trying to install OpenOffice 2.0 on my Debian 3.1 system,
> but the openoffice.org site seems to offer two different Linux suites.
> The "normal" linux one (based on rpm) and the Debian one that points to
> this url:

I looked into doing this and it seams to have disappeared into the
grainer bits of debian. OpenOffice 2 userd to be OpenOffice.org2 and
hence in unstable you could install both however now unstable has
change OpenOffice.org2 to be just openoffice.org so if you add
unstable to your sources.lst and do apt-get install openoffice.org you
will get openoffice 2 but only on i386. Just remove unstable
afterwards and you should be fine. However, you will lose OpenOffice
1.
Which is not ideal but I guess once its stablised it will going to
testing and then stable bu probably 3.2..... Actually when I looked at
OOo 2 on knoppix it looked alot more stable (better written) so
hopfully once the bugs have gone it will be better than 1.

Peter Childs
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk