[Gllug] Simple Openoffice spreadsheet question

Richard Cohen vmlinuz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:26:52 UTC 2005

Spreadsheets aren't really my thing... but this seems like a pretty
obvious thing which I can't work out how to do:

I've got a spreadsheet tracking my personal back account(s) - one row
per transaction.  Column A is the transaction date from my bank's
online statement, column F is the balance after that transaction has
been applied.  All I want is a graph of balance against time, but
arranged so that if, for example, there is a 3 day gap between
transactions 3 and 4, that shows up as half as wide as a 6 day gap
between transactions 4 and 5.  At the moment I have a graph of balance
against row number, so it doesn't show an accurate picture...

As I said, it would seem a pretty obvious thing.  The two columns have
the right types (date and currency, respectively) but I can't find any
obvious way to get what I want.  Any thoughts?

Cheers
Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk