[Gllug] p2p programs

Christian Smith csmith at micromuse.com
Tue Nov 15 16:03:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Henry Gilbert wrote:

>Once upon a time, there were Windows versions specifically made more
>secure for the US military agencies.

Hardly. Windows NT 3.1 got C2 security certification so it could get
government contracts, but the box had to be not connected to a network,
running on specific hardware I believe, and I'm not sure later versions
got the same certification. It was the same versions available to anyone
who could afford the hardware at the time to run it (the 16MB required was
a lot in those days.)

Christian

--
    /"\