[Gllug] OpenSlug or Unslung (and does the Slug have an RTC?)

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Nov 27 10:13:22 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 10:05 +0000, Tom Schutzer-Weissmann wrote:
[snip]
> > One further question - should the Slug remember the date and time when
> > powered off?  Mine forgets every time it's switched off, which given
> > that it has a backup battery doesn't seem right.
>
> No idea, have been messing around too much trying to get a wifi driver
> to work. ntp?

That's an option once I've upgraded the firmware.  It seems I've solved
that one - I just opened the box and changed the on-board battery.
Fortunately I had a couple in the battery drawer under the stairs.  Now
the RTC keeps time over a re-boot so I can only assume the original
battery had died whilst the unit was sitting on a warehouse shelf.

About to try my first firmware upgrade (to OpenSlug).

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk