[Gllug] FC3 Sound Card Woes

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Wed Nov 30 23:02:00 UTC 2005

> Thanks - still looking for pointers..
>
> Ken

Must be bad (replying to own post) but is there a way I can tell if a
process is hogging the sound card and won't let other processes send sound
to it? I don't even know if this is utter nonsense in ALSA, but just a shot
in the dark at what might be stopping this working. I'm tempted to throw the
card away but somehow I suspect another card will behave just the
same....because it seems like a problem at a layer above the device drivers
- I hope that makes sense... How do I diagnose that?

;-[

Ken

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk