[Gllug] p2p programs

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 16:47:07 UTC 2005

On 11/13/05, Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:
> Henry Gilbert wrote:
> > wu-ftpd << SERVER
> >
> > and a bad choice of a server too.
>
> For Red Hat 6.x, and possible earlier, that was the default option.

You can either search desperately the 90's Linux archives to give an answer.
Or you can finally admit I got a point.
I am talking about today.
Who cares if version 0.0001 was hackable - it was fixed .. a LONG time ago.

> > i would be interested to know how to undo rm -fr * in reiserfs
>
> The same way as any other fs: you restore from your backup.

I thought of a similar construct: "Just don't do it in first place?"
no .. maybe not ...
I am not good at such verbal constructions

but I feel that for you winning an argument for you,
is more important than the actual "truth".

i like truths,
i am still digesting the "icmp echo reply" as default answer
now come to think of it
there are other public services as default
the question is = are they hackable
or better: have they been succesfully exploited
(and hence one horror story)

no horror story means:
Linux Desktop users can relax.
(Following good security measures still doesn't hurt)

But Windows users should quiet rightly
feel paranoid as they unaware
generate the incessant barrage of email spam.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk