[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Nov 4 20:07:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005, Rich Walker said:
> Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> writes:
>>
>> The City of London is the real world, right?
>
> ROTFLMAO.

Well, it's as far from the ivory towers of CS academe that I can easily
imagine. Alas.

> Reminds me of an old friend who used to say, in all seriousness,
>
>   What the world really needs is a high-quality object-oriented
>   relational database.

Like, er, PostgreSQL ;) but no, it's not the most important thing on
Earth.

> I'd tend to reply "Clean water?"

The need for advanced programming languages in the Congo is... not
great. Less rampaging bands of murderers, more roads, and saner
governments are all more important than *any* programming language...

--
`Heinlein is quite competent at putting together sentences, but usually
he also puts together a plot to go with them.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk