[Gllug] p2p programs

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 19:21:50 UTC 2005

On 14/11/05, Henry Gilbert <henry.gilbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/14/05, Simon Morris <mozrat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I agree that a new computer user is a lot better off on Linux than
> > Windows.  I don't agree with your blind optimism that Linux users will
> > never get problems.
> >

> Don't put words in my mouth.
> I never said that.
> It's easier for you to be binary about the subject
> and pidgeon-hole me into absolutes:
> ie 100% safe, never-get-problems etc.

Posting this email is going to make me look like a smug "I told you so" doofus.

But to illustrate why I think you need to tone down the kind of
crazyassed statements you have been making please check the below 2
links

http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2005-November/056667.html
http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2005-November/056751.html

Seriously - it isn't pointed out to score points but you can see why
security on Linux is not an open and shut case and some good advice
has been given during the course of this thread.

Thanks

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com