[Gllug] Attempt to send me a virus or what?

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 10:50:10 UTC 2005

I have had a few messages in the last few days in the format (or very
similar) below. As I am pretty sure I am not sending out emails with
viruses attached (all outbound mail is run through clamav anyway) and
certainly not to obscure (to me - no offence) addresses in the Czech
Republic I wonder why I am getting these - especially as the "attached
file" is never attached.

Is this somebody with an infected machine sending out emails in my name or
is it a crude attempt to get me to click on the "attachment" and so run
the infected file? And why now given that the virus named is nothing new?