[Gllug] Re: Alcatel SpeedTouch on Slackware 10

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:55:21 UTC 2005

On 11/18/05, Tethys <sta296 at astradyne.co.uk> wrote:
> While it's true it can help a bit, under most workloads, you'd be hard
> pushed to notice much of a desktop speed increase by simply recompiling
> the kernel (although some of the recent low latency work might make it
> *feel* faster). I suspect your problem lies elsewhere.
>
> Tet

All fixed now. Just need an init script. glxgears FPS 272 which was
what I was aiming for on this piece of relic. I have to admit this
kernel 2.4.31 was recompiled very fat; and the difference in speed
between a previous very slimmed version is pretty imaginary. I can't
tell and I wouldn't know the best way to benchmark it anyway. Just
noticed Debian Gnome crawling versus fast KDE 3.4 Slackware whizzing
in this case.

HG
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk