[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Nov 7 22:10:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 07:07:51PM +0000, Richard Turner wrote:
> A catalogue is a little more useful than a list of names too - it's
> handly for inspiration as to how to assemble a solution.

Some patterns are just workarounds for problems in many OO languages.
For example: Visitor (in particular), Facade (to some extent), and
"inversion of control".  And, if you ask me, MVC.  If you have a
decent language, these patterns don't make sense.

Rich.

PS. I don't know why I'm in such a flamebait mood today.  Was it that
I've been talking at work to a bunch of Java programmers?

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk