[Gllug] [OT] Phone Scam?

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 11:00:13 UTC 2005

I am very aware of 'saynoto0870' !
Unfortunately an awful lot of 0870 numbers are not listed there !

As a matter of interest, our local GP's surgery went over to an 0870 number
(now changed after many complaints !) and, as 0870 numbers have (I believe)
an underlying 'real' number to which they are routed, I persuaded my doctor
to dial the BT faultsmans ringback number which will tell you what the circuit
is defined as.  The buggars had suppressed that info as well !!!

The 0870 is becoming a mammoth 'earner' for companies dealing with the general
public  - it seems that the concept of customer service has gone out of the
window and been replaced by 'lets soak the punter every way we can'.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk