[Gllug] [OT] Technobabble

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Nov 21 07:27:03 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Chris Bell announced authoritatively:
>    One thing that is much more likely is that we may soon be digging out
> landfill sites as the last source of raw materials.

I read a book once in which they were digging out landfill sites as the
last source of *aluminium*. Not the last accessible source, note; the
last source.

I couldn't stop laughing. What next, a shortage of quartz?

--
`Y'know, London's nice at this time of year. If you like your cities
 freezing cold and full of surly gits.' --- David Damerell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk