[Gllug] [OT] Technobabble

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Mon Nov 21 18:02:54 UTC 2005

On Nov 21, 03:25, Sean Burlington wrote:

> Actually we do have a fairly helpful climate - without much by way of
> extremes, most people don't need air conditioning, and the aircon that is
> needed is usually because of poorly designed buildings in very large
> cities.

Eco-designed buildings offer some excellent options in the fight to
control our emissions.  People have been designing eco-efficient
buildings for millennia it is only recently with the rise of modernism
and the ability to create quick fixes with electro-mechanical systems
that those abilities have been lost and are now been rediscovered in the
developed world.

> London's climate could be improved a great deal by replacing car parks
> with gardens (starting with mine if I could persuade my neighbours!)

Green roofs are being touted as a solution, there was an article on this
weeks Country File.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/environment/programmes/countryfile/

The US has a great site:

 <flash_warning>
 http://www.greeninggotham.org/intro.php
 </flash_warning>

I wonder if this could be done with CSS rollovers?

--
Peace Jim :-)

keys:  http://freesolutions.net/jim/pubkey.asc

 Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it
 -- George Santayana

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk