[Gllug] Re: Will Doom 3 for Windows runs on Linux?

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 07:05:15 UTC 2005

This is great. The guy now is very interested in Linux; asking about
DVD playing. Setting up a work environment, etc. Never thought that
something like a game would inspire more interest in Linux itself.
Which is why I believe the only thing holding many youngster from
moving across - is games. The day we get most major titles running
natively on Linux - that day, the Desktop war is over.

Companies should sponsor the Linux gaming Industries. Even with
prizes: Linux Game of the Year.

Here is a nice free game based on Tribes:
http://www.legendsthegame.net/

ttfn

HG
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk