[Gllug] Issues with Hotplug && Auto-mounting

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 17:56:12 UTC 2005

This is a No Go.

If I use a Slackware 2.6.13 ... then the Alcatel Speedtouch script
which worked before - ceases to.

Hence Catch 22.

I will try and see if I can force hotplug working on 2.4.31 .. but I
am not holding my breath. Alternatively I could try and make the
Alcatel Speedtouch work with 2.6.13 - but I rather not. If anything
goes wrong then we could lose the most important thing in this
household: Internet. Everything else is secondary.

I need to make USB Storage work on 2.4.31 (via hotplugging)
then Logitech QuickCam Express
then CD read/write.
If anyone has any insight or clues - please let me know.
Unfortunatelly the constraints still are: Kernel-2.4.31 and Slackware
10.2.

HG

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk