[Gllug] RPM problem

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Nov 14 16:50:36 UTC 2005

Adrian McMenamin wrote:

>>You need to enter the package name, not the package _file name_.
>>
>>Something like "rpm -e "clamav-server"
>
> Actually
>  rpm -i --force clamav-server-0.87.1-1.i386.rpm
>
> fixed it

Unless you really really know what you are doing, you should never need
to use --nodeps and/or --force options. and in this case, you should
have followed what Martin said and tried a rpm -e clamav-server ( which
would have most likely given you a list of other packages that depend on
clamav-server )

btw, what distro are you doing this on ? I am sure there is a repository
that will let you install and manage clamav and its depends...

- K
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk