[Gllug] p2p programs

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:23:31 UTC 2005

> er, maybe I misread these comments then...

more like "preferential snipping"
how about the full paragraphs?

> Linux is indeed safe and I've never came across anyone infected by a
> trojan or a virus in Linux. I still think Desktop Linux viruses is
> theoretically impossible; trojans is a different matter as long as use
> only known repository (ie Yast) you are safe.

> Theoretically it is possible for an evil person to write a program
> that installs a backdoor in your machine.

yes I type too fast and I wanted to say Linux is indeed safeR.

To close the subject instead of going round semantic circle.
How about listing some recommendation for newcomers to Linux
about better security practices?

They do that with Windows.
Would be nice to compile a short list for Desktop Linux.

I for one would rather hear from any of you
that debated so strongly on security
Compact Clear and Precisely
and Digestible for the newcomer

So I can pass on the message to
whomever I introduce and install Linux.

Remember if you make it complicated and theoretical
(ie IPtunneling)
won't help them the least.
It will scare them back to Windows with
("what is the point then?")

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/computerviruses/index.shtml

I once came across a very short overview of some 4 or 5 initial recommendations
I think it was on the BBC website
But can't seem to find it now.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk