[Gllug] Fonts

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 23:13:11 UTC 2005

msttfcorefonts <-- sorry agian I keep mispelling!

to test to see if you have MS Fonts
go to this page here:

http://volker.dnsalias.net/linux/mstt_test.html

If Webdings are letters instead of symbols
then you haven't installed it yet.

When I played with Suse, a long time back.
I vaguely recall on first installation it asking me whether I accept
the Agreement (TM) to install Microsoft Fonts.

I would think it would make it global - available even in OpenOffice.

If it doesn't show up on yast searching "msttfcorefonts" try
"Microsoft Fonts" in the Description section of Yast.

Lastly, there is a way of installing it involving the console which is
sure shot and simple.
but only if all the above doesn't work - we should try that.

regards

HG
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk