[Gllug] Wireless connection drop dead

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Mon Nov 14 17:43:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 05:37:54PM +0000, Diana Scott wrote:
> I have tried to switch off the router by switching off the power off. I
> have even pressed the reset button in the router with a ball pen. but still
> no reconnection.

That's likely to have wiped the router's memory. Why did you do that?!

May I quite humbly suggest that you stop wasting everybody's time in
spoonfeeding you details of how to administer a wireless router and read
the fine manuals with which it was doubtless supplied? At least then you
will be familiar with its procedures for controlling power.

Why don't you just stick an ethernet cable between your PC and the
router, get it happily connecting to the internet, enable the wireless
lan [and wep, etc] and then you're done?

But really, first, just to help us help you, please, read the damn
router manual.

/joel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk