[Gllug] W800i to Linux

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 18:11:25 UTC 2005

Hi Diana.

I am not sure about syncing the Sony Ericson, but am curious to
research and find out.

But I will try and answer the second question:

Gnome usually has a "Feet" emblem as an icon.
KDE usually has the letter "K" emblem as an icon.

KDE has a menu entry called Control Center.
Gnome doesn't.

But often your Linux Distribution (ie what type of Linux "make" it is)
can be an indicator.

If Xandros, Linspire, Mandrake, Suse then it is KDE

If Red Hat, Fedora, Ubuntu, then it is Gnome.

The name of the Linux Distribution usually appears first thing - when
you log on.
Like a banner and playing some intro music.

Hope this helps.

regards

Henry

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk