[Gllug] reading DVD is slow

Pooly pooly7 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 23:06:29 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a laptop with an integrated graphic chip (.VT8378 [S3
UniChrome] Integrated Video) I've migrated to Xorg, put the via and
drm module in my freshly compiled kernel, added the unichrome_dri.o
driver from the unichrome project driver to Xorg. But still when I
read DVD, it's damn slow ! 20% of the CPU is used by mplayer, the
other 80% by Xorg (the same when it was Xfree without dri/drm). Any
hints on what I could do to have a smooth video ?
One year ago I was using Mandrake 9.2, and was able to use the
framebuffer output for it, but I don't know where to add it in debian.

--
Pooly
Webzine Rock : http://www.w-fenec.org/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk