[Gllug] Re: [Lonix] ubuntu wireless

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Tue Oct 18 19:55:00 UTC 2005

Jeff Young wrote (On Lonix):

> Hi
>
> Can you help me to config my wireless connection with
> ubuntu 5.04? I have an IP address and a password for
> my wireless router but don't know where to config with
> ubuntu.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Firstly I cross posted this to the Greater London Linux User Group
mailing list.. in my opinion there is more technical help available on
this list than on Lonix.

If you aren't subscribed go to

Secondly.. wireless!

You haven't provided a lot of information to go on :)

Could you run the following commands and paste the output

Get a root shell in Ubuntu by running the command 'sudo -s' and enter
your own password

iwconfig

iwlist scanning

and also do you know the if your wireless router uses WEP?

Thanks

~sm
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk