[Gllug] merging PS files // gimp batch printing ?

Benedikt Heinen gllug at ml.icemark.net
Fri Oct 7 20:13:17 UTC 2005

>> Alternatively, is there a way with gimp to print several images (one image
>> per page) into a single ps/pdf file?
> I don't know how to do it from the Gimp (though it should be possible to write a Scheme or Perl Gimp script), but you can use ImageMagick's 'convert'. To convert all files ending with .jpg:

> for i in *.jpg; do convert -page A4 $i $i.ps; done

To achieve that, I could also just do

   for i in *.jpg; do djpeg $i | pnmtops -imagewidth 8.0 `basename $i `.ps; done

(netpbm is your friend).

The problem with that is just that I get individual PS files, which
psmerge can't join into one.

Luckily - Tom's tip ( cat *.ps | ps2pdf - out.pdf ) works fine.  (It's a
bit stupid to go via pdf - but hey, the result is there, and that's what I
was looking for... ;-)

   Benedikt

--
                     Gaudeo te illud de me rogavisse.