[Gllug] MP3/Ogg player hardware?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Oct 12 12:33:26 UTC 2005

On 12/10/2005, "Dave Cross" <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:

>Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
>> No OGGs, but I guess I can write a script to convert the OGGs.
>
>You probably don't want to do that. Converting from one lossy format to
>another is never a good idea. You just end up with twice as much missing
>data.

I probably should have been more explicit: converting from OGGs to MP3
solely for use on this device.  In other words, converting on-the-fly as
I copy to it (or rather, to the SD card), retaining the original OGGs.

It's a workaround.  Yes, it won't be perfect but I mostly use the mp3
player mounted on the handlebars of my bike and playing through an FM
transmitter to a shitty handlbar-mounted radio.  I don't think I'll
notice the loss of quality in that environment.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk