[Gllug] Free pooter bits

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Fri Oct 21 12:49:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 12:16 +0000, SteveC wrote:
> Pick up from Camden:

> Dell ex-university machine, P3 833, no HDD. generic video card in it,
> 128 meg ram

> Dell 17" monitor

> Dell old laptop, backlight busted, keyboard barely works. I was using it
> as a datalogger - long battery life with two batteries in it. I think its
> 128 meg and 4 gig. I need to `cat /dev/urandom > /dev/hda` before you
> get it.

> 4 or 6 DIMMS of unknown sizes or working or not

I can gladly take these bits off your hands if they are available still.
I am especially interested in the laptop as I hope to be able to fix
it. :)

I am over in Kilburn Park area so Camden is just one bus away. :)

> A PS/2 keyboard and mouse if you can show me (or I do it by then) how to
> get my usb mouse and keyboard speaking to debian.

I am currently using an USB mouse on my FC3 box, and using a using a usb
mouse via usb2ps2 dongle through a KVM switch on a group of 4 machines 3
are FC3 and one is Astaro. All worked out of the box.

Maybe posting your difficulties with the USB not working will get a
response for that which was not picked up by people uninterested in more
computer stuff. Hope that helps, I do not need a keyboard or mouse
though.

Regards,

Justin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk