[Gllug] just preaching to the converted !

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Oct 26 22:52:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Peter Joanes said:
> Overall, I agree with Nix -- From a security standpoint the benefits of not
> running the same binaries as everyone else outweigh the benefits of doing so.

And I agree with *you* that this does not apply to the source and is not
a vindication of security by obscurity: the benefits of running the same
*source* as everyone else (or, rather, inspectable and publically
accessible source) are huge. :)

--
`"Gun-wielding recluse gunned down by local police" isn't the epitaph
 I want. I am hoping for "Witnesses reported the sound up to two hundred
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk