[Gllug] Wifi USB that works with Linux & I can buy online

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 18:46:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 13:26 +0100, Peter Grandi wrote:

> My nice Linux WiFi notes page:
>
>   http://WWW.sabi.co.UK/Notes/linuxWiFi.html
>
> lists what is known to work natively...

Useful - I'd suggest a couple of additions from personal experience.
It's worth noting that the madwifi drivers, while native, are not fully
free software, and taint the kernel. Also, in my experience, they don't
work at all in ad-hoc mode, which is a pretty major bug IMO. I've
admittedly not tested them for a couple of months, as moving from one
non-free driver (ndiswrapper) to another doesn't seem like a win to me
anyway.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk