[Gllug] just preaching to the converted !

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 16:52:45 UTC 2005

On 22/10/05, Simon Morris <mozrat at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no problem with Microsoft using Free Software in their
> products, in fact I think it's great.
>
> 1) Software should be free for anyone to use as long as they respect
> the GPL. We can't pick and choose who this freedom applies to. As long
> as MS respect the conditions of the GPL there is no problem.

Sorry to reply to myself - I also meant to say that the GPLv 3 is
likely to address this issue.

You aren't free to use the software under the GPL if you attack the
project with aggressive software patents.

What do people think of this? Necessary but sad is my opinion.

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com
www: http://beerandspeech.org