[Gllug] blacklisted mail servers

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Oct 21 10:20:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, t. clarke yowled:
> When it comes to blocking stuff,  a very large French company we deal with
> introduced some new spam-checking stuff and all our emails to starting
> disappearing down a block-hole.    Noone could explain why and it took weeks
> to resolve.

I am forced to mention here that wonderful bug in a commercial spam
scanner by a certain prominent antivirus vendor which at one point
was rejecting all mail containing the letter `p' in the body as spam.

Whoops.

--
`"Gun-wielding recluse gunned down by local police" isn't the epitaph
 I want. I am hoping for "Witnesses reported the sound up to two hundred
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk