[Gllug] Re: Spam

Craig Millar me at craigmillar.org
Fri Oct 14 12:29:53 UTC 2005

On 14/10/05 11:49 +0100, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 11:45:59AM +0100, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> >
> > On 14/10/2005, "Richard Jones" <rich at annexia.org> wrote:
> >
> > >This is clearly illegal under the Privacy and Electronic
> > >Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.  You should find out
> > >which companies are doing this and complain to the Information
> > >Commissioner.
> >
> > Ticketmaster, Seetickets, every other ticket extortionist under the sun.

I received two identical spam mails this morning. One was adressed to a girl
who used to work here and who registered our website, the other addressed to
domains at myworkaddress.com which I set up and has _only_ ever been used at
register.com

As the mails themselves were of a medical nature (to put it nicely!) I can
only assume that an unscrupulous individual at register.com has given away my
address to a third party. Bastard!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk