[Gllug] Re: Accesing files over the network with perl

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 14:48:58 UTC 2005

Just some feedback. I tried some of the suggestions and in the end
came up with a solution that works quite well for our scenario.

I have a xinetd entry on our data provider servers. This calls a
simple script which parses the log files with grep looking for certain
strings writing to stdout.

I then on another machine connect via a perl script to these xinetd
sockets and then generate the needed reports. It works quite well and
is simple to. I doubt if anyone will be, but if there is any interest
I can email the relevant files to you should you want to do something
similar.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk