[Gllug] suse 9.3

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 16:04:21 UTC 2005

On 10/23/05, Diana Scott <dianascott1 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am a newbie and need some help with suse 9.3. Suse said it is very good
> for first time user but after i have installed 1.8Gb of software from the
> dvd. I couldn't find the email Evoultion program on the desktop menu list.

I'm not very experienced with Suse, but I believe that the default
email program will be kmail.

> I could find the Jukebox program but it couldn't decode the mp3 files.

Yes, this is a well publicised gripe - for legal reasons Suse have
decided not to compile mp3 support into their applications.  Fedora is
the same, although its relatively easy to fix.  With Suse, the easiest
'fix' is to use realplayer, which I believe is shipped with the
distro.

Very frustrating.

> Diana

S.