[Gllug] W800i to Linux

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 18:31:12 UTC 2005

On 25/10/05, Diana Scott <dianascott1 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Henry
>
> I am using suse 9.3. I have looked at suse 10 and it has got both Gnome and
> KDE.
>
> Do you think Gnome would be better to use?

Hi D(ebbie|iana)

It's a religious argument to get into and the only correct answer is
to try both and see which one fits you better. (The alternative
argument is Gnome :P )

But seriously you should have a look at both. You should be able to
install both with SUSE and select which one to use at logon time. Use
one for a day and then the other.

> If I get suse 10, can I do an upgrade without losing my data.

Keep an eye on this list for an identical conversation:

http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2005-October/055801.html

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Diana

You're welcome,