[Gllug] Spam

Robert Newson ran at qipod.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 22:58:15 UTC 2005

Jack Bertram wrote:

> * Robert Newson <ran at qipod.wanadoo.co.uk> [051013 20:35]:
>
>>I've just recveived my first spam in this email address.  However, this
>>email address has *NOT* been used in a public posting area and I've been
>>extremely careful as to whom it has been given.
>>
>>Just a quickie.  Has anyone else received any spam from a "shadak shari"
>>supposedly "shadak100 at hotmail.com", "sharshadak at netscape.net" or
>>"shadakshari2 at zwallet.com"?
>
> Yes - 20th April, 2005.
>
> Oesophagal spam.

hmmm...where did "it" get my (and your) email address?  The only "public"
places of this email has been is a couple of mailing lists and this is the
only one that has had a positive response (from other readers) - though
both(?) [the other one definitely] lists have been the targets of spam.  I
only got this email address in July.

Is there a "leak" on this list?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk