[Gllug] MP3 player

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Oct 27 10:25:13 UTC 2005

So I asked a while ago about MP3/Ogg hardware.  I ended up buying this
little beauty:
http://www.digitball.biz/dbhfl.php

Didn't end up buying it from Microdirect.  They use a ridiculously crap
courier company (holds stuff for 2 -- yes just 2 -- days.  Royal Mail is
more convenient!)  and refuse to send to any address other than the
billing address, where I won't be during the day.  Not keen on a trip
out to Park Royal when I've paid for delivery...

So this little thing (from
http://www.hitech2go.com/fulldescription.php?ref=gg&pid=232 who were
fine) is great in the few minutes I've had it.

Track names come up nicely.  It's got 256 meg built-in but, more
importantly, takes SD cards up to a gig.  Sound quality is better than
my last (£13) one, maybe just better quality headphones.  It's got a
little FM radio even.

All in all, exactly what I wanted (minus Ogg support, sadly) and a great
price.  Recommended!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk