[Gllug] retro computing

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Thu Oct 6 17:07:10 UTC 2005

On Oct 05, 03:12, Brad Cahoon wrote:

>    Hi,
>

>    I am about to receive a 386 laptop which I would like to idealy get X
>    running on, having trolled the internet not much came up. I thought
>    the guru's here must be running bleading edge software on dinosaur
>    hardware just for the fun of it. any comments on distros etc greatly
>    received.

Run Gentoo on it. :D

Actually not such an insane idea using dist-cc you can create up to date
binary packages with everything but what you need removed on a faster
machine then install the packages on the 386.  for X I would say you
will be lucky to run anything above fwm.

Have fun doing it. :)

--
Peace Jim :-)

keys:  http://freesolutions.net/jim/pubkey.asc

 Don't believe all the crap you see in the media about the media we are
 all liars.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk